søndag 11. desember 2011

Pasta with seafood and garlic

On my way home from work today I had to stop by the grocery store to get a few items and I ended up bringing a nett with mussels back home. I love mussels, my first experience with mussels was in Brussels when I was 18. My Aunt took me to a restaurant in a dark, but cozy basement at Grand Place. After that day I have loved mussels and french fries (the thick kind), in France it  is called Mole de frite. Of course I can not have the thick french fries any more so I have to come up with other deliciouse recipes wiht mussels in it.
You might notice the discrepances from the photos and the recipe with some of the ingredients, I used what  I had in my fridge. I have given you the recipe from a magazine since I like those ingredients better than the once I used.

Here is the recipe I tried out today with lovely fresh mussels:

1 nett of mussels or clams
5 cups/ 500 g pasta
0,6 lb /300 g shrimps/scampi
1 zucchini
1 yellow onion
3 garlic cloves
2 tbs oil (I used my rate of walnut oil of the day which is 1 tsp a day)
1/2 cup/ 1 dl chopped parsley
1/3 cup/ 1/2 dl white wine
salt and pepper

  • Stir 4 cups/1 liter of water with 1/2 cup/1 dl salt and put the mussels in the water for about 10 minutes, the mussels will then let go of  the sand thats left.
  • Clean the mussels and throw out the mussels that wont close when you poke them.
  • Boil the pasta as instructed on the box.
  • Peel the shrimp/scampi.
  • Slice the zucchini in thin slices, peel and chop the onion and garlic.
  • Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the shrimp and let them get a little colour. Then add the zucchini, onion and garlic, let it sizzle for a couple of minutes.
  • Add the pasta, parsley, and wine and let it simmer. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
  • Add the mussels and steam for 3-5 minutes until they are open. Throw away the ones that is still closed


  • Mix the pasta and mussels and serve with a slice of lime, a little shredded parmesan (optional) and bread.



Enjoy!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar