lørdag 22. september 2012

Sweet Corn - my favorite

 
 
I think I might live in the wrong Country (climat),  the reason for this statement is that I just love fresh corn on the cob, sweet corn is just SO good. In the last three years I have only spottet fresh corn at the grocery store here in Norway two times and the quality is not good at all. I guess I have been spoiled on my trips to the States.
My home town should definitely be on the East coast, like Boston or more preferably New York City. Brooklyn might work too, my visit to my friend Rossie a couple of weeks ago gave me a whole new look at Brooklyn. I just love the place !!!
 
 


Over to the dish of the Summer. I prefere to boil the corn for a couple of minutes (4 - 10 minutes, it depends on how cooked you like you corn) and serve it with butter, salt and pepper. 
How ever it is nice with a little variation, so my Aunt made me this great Sweet corn and tomato salad with fresh basil, it tasted just divine.
 
What you need is:
 
sweet corn
red and yellow tomatoes
fresh basil
salt and pepper
 
Boil the corn to your liking, drain, cool, and cut kernels off the cob with a sharp knife. Cut the tomatoes in cubes. Toss the corn, tomatoes with shredded basil and serve it with nice fresh bread.
A nice glas of chilled white wine goes perfect with this salad on a nice hot Summer day (on any other nice day to).
 
If you don't have a fat issue, like most of us with a FOD does, you can also serve it with a nice olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing.




Enjoy!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar