The Fall is right around the corner and they have started selling pumpkins in the grocery store. The other day I found a pumpkin that was cut into four pieces which made a perfect piece for me to bring home and make this deliciouse soup. Just look at the colour!!!
1,3 lb/ 600 g pumpkin
0,50 lb/ 250 g peeled potatoes
3-4 gloves of garlic
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp oil
2 tsp curry
1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 big tomato, chopped in dices
2 1/2 cup/ 1/2 l vegetable broth
salt and pepper
- Peel and chop the pumpkin and potatoes in small dices. Chop garlic and onion.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil (your choice) in a larger saucepan, gently cook onion and garlic with the curry for a couple of minuttes. Then add potatoes, pumpkin, ginger and tomato and gently cook them another five minuttes.
- Poure the vegetable stock into the pan and lett it simmer for about 30 minuttes.
- Pureè stock and vegetables with a hand blender.
- Taste the soup with lemon juice, salt and pepper and decorate with chives for a nice green touch.