søndag 15. mai 2011

What kind of goose am I.........?

 Last year  the ladies I work closest with started a tradition, several times a year we arrange dinner parties that we rotate to host. We have so much fun at this parties and on Friday we started talking about what kind of animals we are, one of my colleagues is born with a huge imagination and she has a free spirit. She is also a great actress and improviser. She makes the most hysterical accents and play a lot of different characters. So we had many great laughs when she started to give us different animal characters. She managed to give my collegues several animal characters they could be, but she had some trouble giving me an aminal that fit me.

After some hard thinking she decided that I must be a goose.
 I am not sure which charcter marks I have that makes me a goose, but it must be the funny waddling walk I get when my muscles are tired and I use my hips to lift  my feet. This walk is a part of who I am so I don't think that is a negativ character mark, but I would much rater be compared to the fairy tale character "Mother Goose" whose origin have been under much discussion over the years, here are three of the stories I like to be associated with:
  • A Bostonian Mother of 16 and a Grandmother who used to sing songs and ditties to her grandchildren all day , and other children swarmed to listen to.
  • A Queen of France many years ago that according to French legeds made incredible tales that enraptured childen.
or this romantic image
  • An elderly country woman in a tall hat and shawl, a costume identical to the peasant costume worn in Wales in the early 20th century, but is sometimes depicted as a goose wearing a bonnet.

Some of the animal charactes that was given away on Friday was a badger,  a bear, a gorilla, a cat and a dog. 





Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar