onsdag 29. juni 2011

MCT Oil Fudge Brownies





I am making this article very easy to write, I am just cutting and pasting from the FOD Family Support group page on Facebook. I have been outside in the hot sun all day at work and I just wanted to do something inside and since I love baking and spending time in my lovely kitchen, thats what I did tonight.
I have through a fellow FOD (parent) in Denmark, Fie (Flo' Diner) found a fat reduced coco  (11%)that  I like that I have used in this cake.

MCT Oil Fudge Brownies

1 cup cocoa, unsweetened
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup MCT oil, divided
1/2 cup boiling water
2 cups sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten (I have only used the eggwhites from 4 eggs)
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt

Lightly beat eggs, set aside. Combine cocoa and baking soda in a mixing bowl; blend in half of the oil. Add boiling water and stir until thickened. Stir in sugar, eggs, and remaining oil; stir until batter is smooth. Stir in flour, vanilla, and salt, stirring until well blended.




Pour into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350˚ for 25 minutes. Cool in pan on rack.


Yield:
16 3inx2in brownies: each brownie contains ~1 Tablespoon MCT oil.
OR
32 1.5inx2in brownies: each brownie contains ~1/2 Tablespoon MCT oil.




I would like to give the credit and say thanks to Laurie Miller Tarr who posted this recipe to share with us fellow FOD's. This is the best brownies I have made since I started on the low fat diet.

Enjoy!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar